Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sydney Part II :)

When we wake up tomorrow morning, our legs will probably be sore....thanks to the 1,390 steps that we climbed to get to the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge! :) By far, the highlight of the trip so far, and I have to admit, it will be hard to top. Our tour guide took pictures of us at the top, but we won't be able to share them with you all until we get back home. The views from the top of the bridge were spectacular! If you visit Sydney, the Bridge Climb is a must do!!


After our bridge climb, we wandered through the Botanical Gardens...here's an artsy shot of the Government Building. (That's for you sister!!)



As we lined up this shot, a woman asked me if I would like her to take our picture, I finally gave an honest answer and replied, "No thanks, we're actually really good at this." I was laughing and hopefully didn't come off too rudely, but I think by her reaction, it was fine. :) Oprea House, Harbor Bridge, Skyline, and sun setting. Perfection.



One of the most beautiful views of the Sydney skyline in our opinion, taken in the Royal Botanical Gardens.


I was stopped twice today and asked for directions to certain places. (I am proud to say that I was able to provide those directions both times!) While I'd like to think that I seem like a local, I know that my tennis shoes (I'm hating wearing them.....but had to today because of the Bridge Climb) and Minnesota "jumper" are a clear statement that I am not. However, one of the people that asked me for directions was an Australian.....so maybe I seem like a Sydneysider to them.....


Tomorrow we are off to a tour of the Oprea House and then to the Blue Mountains. We are in Sydney until Wednesday and are keeping our fingers crossed that everything works out as we head to New Zealand. The volcanic ash cloud is now affecting flights in that direction. We've already dealt with delayed flights because of it, so we are hoping that doesn't happen again.


Still loving Sydney...time for some rest. Climbing the Harbor Bridge can really drain your energy....no complaints here though!!


Love from Sydney :)

Jen & Andy





No comments:

Post a Comment