Yay for Sydney!!! After spending time in the Outback, it felt AMAZING to get back to civilization. Apparently there is a HUGE rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney that goes back in history, I have to state for the record, that I am TEAM SYDNEY. And trust me...our accomodations have not been the thing that has won me over...more on that later :)
People in Australia are so damn nice, but unfortunately it has in turn ruined our "one armed take a picture of ourselves shots". Each time we go to "line it up" someone runs up to us and offers to take the picture for us. Which means that we end up with a picture like this one above, with us and the Sydney Opera shooting out of our heads.
This is the nice shopping area on George St. It has some VERY high end stores in an already very expensive city. I could do some MAJOR damage here...unfortunately for me (and the stores) and fortunately for our bank account, we were just passing through on a walking tour....The walking tour was three hours long and free, a young guy lead us all around Sydney telling us some of the history and little known facts of the area. I still want to head back to this shopping area.....you know, just to take another look around!
Ahhhh Napoleon on Kent, our lovely abode!! (Hence the comment from above...) In all seriousness though, this place is awesome. We've rented a fully serviced studio apartment. We have a living room area, kitchen, dining room table, bathroom, and obviously a bed. It's larger than any of the studio apartments that we rented out at Steven Scott (and probably nicer too!). It's really nice to have some space and not feel crammed into a hotel room. We're making some of our own meals too, because at this point on vacation, we get sick of eating out all the time. Not to mention that food here is crazy expensive. We bought icecream bars last night on our way home from dinner and it was nearly $10. (we're not talking Blizzards here, standard icecream bars!)
Here's the Harbor Bridge at dusk....today we will conquer the bridge and climb along the top of it!!! Wooohoo! We may have not been able to climb Ayer's Rock, but we will dominate this thing! (Oprah did it too on her Australian Adventure Show.)
I was so excited to finally bust out the capri pants and sandals. The temperature here is topping out at 67ish degrees during the day, and I'll take it. It's the warmest weather we've seen. But hey, if this is "winter", no one should be complaining. I've shown quite a few people our pictures on my iPhone from our snowy winter this year...their reactions are quite funny "How do you drive??" "Do they shut the city down??" Ha--I didn't even get a snowday this year people!!!Alright, time to grab lunch and go off to conquer the Bridge!!!!
Love from Sydney mates ;)
J&A
No comments:
Post a Comment