Welcome to Vienna.....
We arrived in Vienna yesterday morning after a night train experience. (There were train problems and a 9 hour ride turned into a 13 hour journey.) We slept in a very very small room with four other people. (By slept, I mean....I laid there and dozed on and off, clutching my purse under the blanket.) Haha, well it wasn't that bad actually......
Our first day in Vienna was full of more rain....downpouring rain actually. Our umbrellas got quite a bit of use...

During the first day we found concert tickets to a Mozart performace. Here I am dressed up for that.

Pretty much the story of our trip....Andy looking closely at a map, while I take pictures! This is in one of the squares in Vienna.

This is a shopping district in the heart of the city.

Holy monstrosity of Wiener Schnitzel......

The restaurant Andy couldn't wait to go to....

A view from the top of the hill that was behind the Schonbrunn Palace (my home away from home)

Here is an artsy shot for you Steph

The rose gardens in the side yard of the palace.....loving it!

I don't know the square footage on this place, but I put in an offer today.....I'm sure I'll have plenty of space for all of you to come visit.....The tour of the inside of the palace was awesome.

Yummmmm breakfast in Vienna. (yes, Andy had coffee too)

Our seats for the Mozart concert were in the center of the second row with noone sitting in front of us. The sound quality was amazing and facial expressions of the performers priceless.

The American exchange students behind us at the Mozart show helped us out with this shot and gave us some tips for touring the city.
All in all, we LOVE Vienna. The city is gorgeous, the culture is intriguing, and the people are very welcoming.
We're off to grab a bite to eat and watch some of the World Cup games....
Very nice pics so far!! Keep 'em coming! Hope you two are having a blast!
ReplyDeleteNikki
Sooooo glad to see you finally changed your clothes! Hahaha...I bet the 13 hour train ride did them in. :) It looks like y'all are having a great time, and the food looks great! Not so sure about the wiener-whatever, but the breakfast looked delish. So happy you got the chance to enjoy a little Mozart (even if the performers looked less than thrilled). Enjoy Vienna! (Is this where I insert "Chao"? I get my cities all screwed up). Love you both!
ReplyDelete