Greetings from Venice!!! I will have to say that our first day in Venice left me thinking....this place is slightly overrated. However, after experiencing Venice at night yesterday, the charm of this place was exemplified. To quote Andy, "Venice is Vegas.....without all the sleeze." :)
We are literally running out of the hotel in minutes to get on the water taxi and leave Venice.....I don't have much time but I wanted to throw some pictures of Venice up just in case we don't have internet on our last two stops.
We ended up on this dead end street while wandering the alleys of Venice....
I followed Dean's rule on this trip.....Order exotic foods, try new things, but if you don't like it, don't eat it! I ordered the black squid ink pasta......I tried it (multiple bites).....I didn't eat it.
But Andy.......did!
The birds here are crazy. No, Andy does not have anything in his hand to feed them. If you are not a fan of birds....you will have to mentally prepare yourself before coming to Venice!
A view down one of the canals......oh joy, Andy's Cobfest T-shirt makes another appearance.
WARNING: Kissing Photo below!! Cover the kids' eyes....
It's good luck to kiss under the bridges on a gondola ride......so we did just that. (Yes, under every bridge!! Olala!)
Many people say that the 100 Euro gondola ride is overpriced and not worth it, but we both disagreed with that. It was one of our favorite parts of Venice. It was dusk (and dark by the end of it) and we loved it. Our "driver" didn't sing though.....trust me, I asked if he would....
Our hotel is the tallest building here in Venice. Here is a view from the amazing rooftop pool!! :)
And one more.....the other side of the pool is infinity style, so it looks like it goes right over the edge of the building. If you come to Venice we highly recommend staying here at the Hilton. Amazing.
Well, we are off to Florence for 2 nights, then Cinque Terra for 2 nights, Paris for 1 night and then back home......I will most likely post again from Florence. I have some Venice and Munich stories I'd like to share, but I just don't have the time right now....
Love from Venice!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment