Saturday, July 28, 2012

Crete, Greece

So of course, I had a great post typed up about Greece...which we stopped at before Egypt, But it got deleted during an Internet blip. I have five minutes to get in the shower and get ready for dinner, so here's the quick version:

I have a love-hate relationship with Greece (sorry Michay, I know how badly you want to study abroad there, if you do, I promise to visit and only love it!) LOVE---our luggage came to Crete!! Six days late, but it got there! Yay!! I hugged Javier, our concierge, because I was so happy to see our bags!

HATE---we took a bus ride up a mountain. The road was narrow, winding, and bumpy, and we were the last people to get on the bus....so we were in the back. Andy knew it was bad when he saw me frantically dumping all of the contents from my pink reusable shopping bag I was borrowing from Wendy.....I'm not gonna lie, at that point I was glad I didn't have my own purse, it was painful enough preparing to be sick in public, but it would have been even worse thinking about being sick in my cute bag! (luckily it didn't
come to that point, we had a break and I moved to the front of the bus.) the heat, motion, and rapid increase in altitude got to me. Now I've learned from that experience....

BUS RULES: hide near the back of the room when waiting to be dismissed for excursions, then run (remember, most people are 60 plus on this cruise...) when they call my bus number, and never look back. It's landed me front of the bus seats each time since then. I haven't had to throw any elbows....so it hasn't gotten too ugly =)



Crete from the ship deck.



My love, the BINGO rockstar.



Halfway up the horrid mountain.


Shower, then dinner...yum! more updates to come---Mom and Michay I've tried face timing but the Internet must not be strong enough....love you.

Love from Isreal,

Jen and Andy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment