Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just get us to Barcelona....before 8pm

Well friends, I can honestly say that I've never started our travel blog from our original airport...but I guess there's a first time for everything. Thanks to storms on the east coast, our flight was delayed...delayed of course, AFTER they put us all on the plane. (I knew the exit row seats were just too good to be true...) So after deplaning for what Delta said would be "1 hour" c'mon airlines, we know that the formula for airline time = stated time x3...we scrambled to find alternate routes to Barcelona, because we would miss our connection.

Luckily, we were able to get onto a flight from MSP to Amsterdam four hours later. From Amsterdam we will transfer to Barcelona and end up arriving seven hours later than planned (and three and a half hours before our cruise is supposed to depart). Doesn't seem too bad eh? If that were the case, honestly, I probably wouldn't have started immediately furiously typing this first entry....the catch....

Delta would not retrieve our bags from the original flight...

Therefore...Andy and I now sit in Amsterdam....and our bags are stranded at JFK.

BIG PICTURE: our bags will arrive in Barcelona 24 hours AFTER our cruise ship leaves.

Oh and by the way...


The handle on our pull-along carry-on broke...gotta hold on tight...we each have one change of clothing in there...precious cargo, given the situation.

So yes, as usual, my husband was right....you should always, always, carry-on....especially when packing for a 15 day cruise with strict dress codes. Watch out Oceania, here I come...adorned in Packer yoga pants and a zip up, don't worry... the sparkly flip flops class it up.

Love from Amsterdam---

Jen & Andy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Sparkly flip flops always class things up :-)

    ReplyDelete