On the beach near Cesarea the ruins of the ancient city.
On these tours, sometimes the guides become long-winded. It was clear from the start today would be one of those days...therefore, as soon as we got to a new location, Wendy and I found the shade. I was usually fighting the Asian tourists for the best shaded areas..
The ancient ruins, along the shore. It wasn't as amazing as Pompeii, but it was pretty cool. (not the temp, that's for sure...)
Tel Aviv is a cosmopolitan area mixed with European charm. Little bistros line the boulevard and people gather to eat or grab coffee. I could move to this city in a heartbeat. Clean, trendy, and a blend of new and old.
The intersection where the newer part of Tel Aviv meets old, Jaffa.
The Tel Aviv skyline from the hills of Jaffa. Another line-up shot, nailed it.
The picture doesn't do this hill justice...but I was slightly winded at the top. Gotta hit the gym more..my calves hurt the next day. Plus, I carry our lives in that bag...water, sunscreen, snacks, sunglasses with cases, passports, wallets....Andy calls me the pack mule....I'm sure in the most loving way possible!
Cute little restaurant we stopped at for lunch. Wendy ordered a fish and it came...full fish form, including the eyeball...yum.
An alleyway in Jaffa...lined with homes and little shops.
Okay, more stories and pictures to come, including what I was most disgusted by on the entire trip....it occurred in Jerusalem. Time to get ready for BINGO and dinner.
Love & memories from Israel,
Jen and Andy
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment